Extra Credit Event 1:




At first when I attended this event I was somewhat with a disinterested. However, after the first speaker of disembodied art I was soon sucked into the event. Especially when the speaker spoke about how he himself feels disembodied . Not knowing where he is located. He then goes ahead and talks about cultural condition and not conveying emotion. This specific point reminded me of my field work in Mexico. During my field work I was to show no emotion to the stories I was being told by the community because my emotions would get in the way of my work. One of the work of art that was shown  was of picasso, specially the one that showed a mother losing her child. Here the artist distorts the image in order to show sorrows. This picture in particular make me think that for my final essay I want to talk about how people  deal with unfortunate events and how they overcome certain events in their lives. Perhaps go back to robotics and art, and research if their has been robots that have helped individuals with grief or with disability.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog