Space +Art


     By far this week' discussion was my favorite one. As a child I was always fascinated by space and always wondered where everything came from. How the universe could influence humanity, and how everything came to be. I was surprise to find out by how NASA came to be established.  According to professor Vesna, NASA was established to compete with the Soviet Union and their Sputnik Movement(Space and Art Lecture Part 2).



Soviet Union Sputnik


NASA Flopnik' failure.

    Although, I find that the background history of how NASA to be interesting, something that caught my attention even more was the  statement of Annick Buread,  an art educator, curator and publisher. Who was involved in "The Leonardo Space Art Project Working group". According to Bureaud "It is artists and their work that reveal to me the essence of peace for human beings...space art works and images have continued to have a powerful effect upon me; they make me dream and move me deeply.. artist have been the fuel of space exploration, embodying in their art the dreams of human kind making these dreams desirable of engineers to achieve"(Bureaud). In other words, art/ artists have pushed engineers and therefore scientist to explore space;in an attempt to understand humanity. To simply, artist plant to seed of curiosity, specifically about space and then engineers become in charged in making the machines that explore space.

     Although, I agree with Bureaud statement, I also believe that space can be used as art. The constellations in my opinion are forms of arts. The different colors of the planets to me are form of art as well. To conclude, both art has influenced space and space has influenced art.




Pegasus Constellation


Works Cited

https://wanelo.co/p/20063379/pegasus-constellation-astronomy-print-constellation-art


http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sputnik-launched

https://informationtransfereconomics.blogspot.com/2015/02/

Vesna, Victoria "Space and Art Lecture 2". May 27, 2017

"The Leonardo Space and Art Project Working Group". http://spaceart.org/leonardo/vision.html







Comments

Popular posts from this blog